Monday, November 7, 2011

School updates

Well all 6 kids are in school now. Well all but Ellie, who got sent home today and gets to stay home tomorrow due to her cough and starting to run a fever. UGH 3 days in school and she is already running fevers and coughing. We will keep up her neb treatments and move to her g-tube for all liquids to give her lungs a break. I am not sure how much of this is due to aspiration, or a combination of aspiration and introduction to new germs and bugs.

The tube feedings for all liquids will guarantee that she is not aspirating right now, and also help us to gauge what exactly is up with her lungs.

The 5 older kids are enjoying school so far and Jade is super excited about getting real flute music to play.

Funniest was the response the boys got when they were excited to see their had not missed the bus after all. Her response to them was "No I couldn't ride the bus because I was catching a fever. See, feel my forehead, the nurse kicked me out of class, because I was catching a fever."

No comments: