Tuesday, December 20, 2011

ATEC Christmas Party

Today was the Christmas party for Frank’s new unit here in MD, and what an experience it was. First off due to an appointment that ran late I had time to change my shirt to a more Christmas-y color, and then due to the weight I have lost I no longer have any slacks that fit anymore.

Several things I learned today, do NOT wear jeans around here. The skirts I wear to church are to causal, I do have to break down and get slacks again, I will want to get or make myself a black dress for the more formal events. Depending on the dress it can be less formal, or more depending on the accessories with the dress.

The other thing I discovered is we are low ranking here. Talk about weird, going from a higher ranking NCO level to suddenly being one of the lower ranking soldier levels. I never thought I would be in a room with a General, let alone two Generals. They were mingling with everyone. I have never seen so many high ranking offers in one room and all were very friendly as well.

I had the opportunity to meet many of the people Frank is working with or will be working with. This duty assignment has the potential to provide him with some really good opportunities. 

No comments: