Friday, February 24, 2012

Compromise or Stand Your Ground

Sometimes compromise can be good, and sometimes we do have to stand our ground. Today was one of those days I had to stand my ground on somethings and then later I was willing to compromise on other things. I did get a lot accomplished even if it was not exactly all I planned on getting done. I did have a productive and very busy day.

What did I compromise and stand my ground with? Well I did both with Apria today. 

I had to stand my ground about not driving the perceived 15ish minute drive to their office today. In reality it is more like a good hour drive, and then through the toll booths too so additional fees as well. I later found out the reason the DME driver was pushing for me to drive out and pick up the pump "because it would be much faster for me to get the pump" was in reality because he did not want to deal with base gate process for coming on base for one person.

Well when I explained the situation and why the pump was needed TODAY and NOT tomorrow Apria was all about making the driver come to me and me come to them. In the end I did compromise too.
 
I compromised and drove out a few miles to meet the DME driver to trade out the wacked out pump. I was NOT willing to drive into Baltimore when their drivers get paid for that and I would have used a more gas than I had available for now until we get paid again especially since we have to drive out once or twice already next week. However, I was willing to meet the DME driver just off base to exchange pumps. 

Well once we got home with Ellie's new pump and got her hooked up again it did not take her long to get all wild and hyper. Amazing how just 45cc's (1 1/2 ounces) of formula an hour can perk up a little body. Even if she was complaining later that she had an upset tummy. 

Oh so glad to have a new and properly working pump. Funniest though was when I got her new pump she had to "inspect" the pump, turn it on, press buttons, make sure it was indeed the same Kangaroo Joey pump, worked, and had the right words that she knew meant she would get food into her body again. She even had to help put the pump in her backpack to make sure it was the right size.

I find it amazing how they pick up in those little things, and funny what makes them so excited. Her new IV pole, pump clamp, new feeding pump, and you would have thought it was Christmas or her birthday today. 

No comments: