Wednesday, May 23, 2012

One Normal Day Please???

I am SO ready for the crazy insane days to end and end now. While I LOVE the specialty teams we have and John Hopkins, I really need to stop finding out how great they are. Today as Corbyn's hemo apt was ending we were out in the lobby getting ready to leave to and discovered the keys were missing. They were TOTALLY gone!!!

I was checking through my backpack, Ellie's activity bag, everything when the hematologist comes out and Corbyn tells him the keys are missing. He took Corbyn everywhere we had been and helped look for the keys. He spent a good 20 minutes helping us look for the keys and his nurse was with Ellie while one of the Security guards was looking in other places.

When after nearly an hour we had not found them we went to the main guards station on the main floor and the one guard who was supposed to be getting off started calling to find a way for us to get home. He made arrangements for the cleaning crew to look for the keys as well while they cleaned the entire clinic in case a small child picked up the keys and wandered off with them.

Corbyn and Ellie were allowed to color and play games while we continued to look for the keys. Finally 2 1/2 hours later John Hopkins had arranged for us to get home by taxi (paid for by a voucher by the hospital) and the same guard that was now working 2 1/2 hours overtime was making arrangements for us to be picked up. Just as he was being connected with the taxi company supervisor one of the cleaning crew came running up the stairs asking if we had a yellow lanyard on our keys. In turn I asked there was also black thing with silver clip with an army logo. With this news I was SO very excited because at the VERY last minute our keys were found!

What I do not understand is 1: HOW in the world my keys ended up getting separated from me in the first place. 2: WHY they were not found the first 4 or 5 times we looked the exact spot 2 1/2 hours prior to this last time. 3: WHY our trip home had to be delayed like it was. However, whatever the reasons we made it home safely and I am so grateful to have those keys right about now!!

No comments: