Sunday, May 26, 2013

Milk Jug with a Red Cap…

The other I took the girls with me to Wal-Mart, and then we were going to head over to Goodwill. However, due to a red cap on a milk jug our plans were very quickly changed as we were on our way home to drop Ellie and her little friend at the house.

Looking at the clock I knew I had 20 minutes to get to the house, unload the groceries, unload the boosters, and leave with just Celidah and Jade with enough time to leave through the 22 gate.

With maybe 5 minutes left until arriving at home, suddenly Ellie started screaming that milk was flying everywhere. With this comment, I was completely confused because normally when Ellie screams like this something has gone wrong with her feeding pump or her bag with her formula. However, this time she was holding her bag over her head screaming louder and more frantic.

The next thing I saw through my rear view mirror, was Jade jumping over the seat. This is when everything went crazy. Yes crazy… as if the back seat was not already crazy enough.

Ellie was still screaming about the milk flying all over. Now Jade was frantically screaming about the milk and telling me, “STOP NOW! PULL OVER RIGHT NOW!” Letting her know I could not, once again in a frantic scream, “MOM! PULL OVER RIGHT NOW! BUT MOM THE MILK IS GOING EVERYWHERE!!”

(sigh) Once again I let the kids know that I can’t stop where there is no place to. Once I had a place where I could pull over, the truck was stopped and we got the dog out of the back of the truck. Next, Celidah, Jade, and I surveyed the situation in the back the truck.

(ggrrr) Yes Ava had found the red lid on a milk jug and chewed it off. (red is one of her favorite colors) We are not sure if when I took a corner and hit some bumps, or if Ava chewing the lid, had knocked the milk jug over. However, by the time Jade intervened, and I had stopped the truck, the milk was nearly empty. We also had a very happy dog lapping up the milk as fast as her tongue could let her.

Due to the extra stop, once we got home we now had 10 minutes to unload the groceries, kids, and leave again for Goodwill.

The Goodwill trip did not happen. Once we got the kids, boosters, groceries, and everything else out of the truck the 22 gate was now closed.  Also realizing just how much milk was spilled, Ava was stripped of her milk soaked work vest, placed in her crate (jail to her), and we cleaned the truck.

Our first task was to attack the soaked car with our wet-vac. While this helped some we knew a detailing was seriously needed. The time was now 7:30pm all local detail shops were closed and any that would still be opened would be closed by the time we drove to them. Thank goodness a neighbor had a steam cleaner that we could borrow.


The next task, clean the truck before the looming storm arrived. Cleaning the car took just over an hour with Celidah, Jade, Frank, and I cleaning, and a bit of help from Corbyn. However, the car was clean for the following day when Celidah had her prom date, and Frank and I were hanging out in the general area for our anniversary date.

No comments: