Thursday, August 29, 2013

Long Night

Many times now I have helped get Chantelle situated in her room and run home for things due to unexpected admissions. Most of my midnight runs have allowed me the needed time to take care of what I needed and return long before she was even awake.

However, tonight while at the house I showered, wrote down the needed meds and doses I did not have the names for, found the computer, tablet, chargers, and cell phone charger, and a few other things I needed to dig out of the still unpacked vacation bags and boxes still sitting in the front entry (music/library room) and returned. Both directions I-95 was slow as rush hour traffic due to construction that blocked up all but 1 lane each way.

Needless to say, even though I had the requested stuffed animals (did not find her special scrubs due to not wanting to wake her sisters), Ellie was not a happy camper when I returned.

I think this is one of the few times that she has been in tears when I returned. Apparently she started crying shortly after I left and nothing was going to work to calm her down, except my returning back to her room.

Poor child is going to be SO exhausted tomorrow as she has not slept yet tonight. Normally she is out by 8, 8:30. We are going on 5:30 now...

This may be a long exhausting stay...

No comments: