Sunday, November 23, 2008

Totally Confused now...

Wow what a morning I have had. I have had many replies to the emails I sent out with some very good responses and now I am really confused.
Last night when I took the pictures of my sons bruises he had one on his forehead that was barely visible, yet today it is bigger, darker and shows up much better on the camera. He had no clue what happened and our 7 yr old said "remember you bumped your head on the door?"

After describing this situation on one of my special needs boards some of the advice I have received is to make sure we are seen by the dr and ASAP tomorrow. After having watched the one bruise go from barely there to dark and bigger I am really wondering if I was right to get so worked about the bullying. Is this really bullying, just normal 8 yr old boys playing, just one who normal rough housing suddenly is getting bad bruises.

I still am working on not kicking myself for not seeing the bruises before now. My husband said he has been watching the one from the monkey bar and is concerned by it not healing yet and I guess it is over a week old, so far it shows no sign of the swelling going down or healing according to my husband.

Why does parenting have to be so hard sometimes?

No comments: