Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A lot has happened since my last post...

Since my last we have a lot happen. The kids did their CSAS Colorado State Assessment Tests for the schools, our dog decided to bolt out the door and was hit and killed by a car, Pinewood Durby Races for scouts, another deployed family event, and a bowling event with school. Needless to say I have pictures and several stories to post now that I a bit of time on my hands again.

Part of the delay of posting  is a result of my other laptop crashing. My laptop one day would not start up and it took me a bit to be able to get it in to see if it was able to be repaired. Unfortuantly the hard drive crashed and was beyond repair. I have the hard drive in case we are able to have the pictures recovered in a clean room. The data I was not as worried about but did not have several hundred dollars at this point just to try removing the pictures and data.

Starting back about 3 weeks ago just before the CSAP tesing Misty had been trying to get out all day. She had beenw alked but the walk was not enough. She still needed to run. So she bolted and ran. The first time Celidah got her in the house quickly. However, within minutes she bolted again. A bunch of neighborhood kids decided they needed to help catch the dog. This is where thins started to go really wrong.

Misty thought with all kinds of strang kids chasing after her it was a un game so she ran faster and further than normal. She ended up running to a part of Mississippi that she was not familiar with and decided to bolt onto the road itself not just on the sidewalk. This is where her fatal mistake was. With a bunch of kids in tow and a car that was unable to swerve she got hit.

The worse part was that Corbyn and Jairon saw her get hit and her her cry. A very kind person (not the one who hit her) stopped to help the group of kids. She loaded the dog and our boys in her car and brought them home. From that point we loaded Corbyn and Misty into our truck and we rushed off to the vet.

By the time we got the vet the decision had already been made for us as there was nothing that could be done as her injuries were far to severe as she has passed before we arrived. I returned home with just her collar and tried to calm down all the kids. At this pont my goal was to let the kids know that she had died feeling the boys love and knew she had belonged to a special family. I was just thankful the kids had coop (Thursday school) the following day and CSAPS starting on Monday.

I knew the rest of the week being busy with dance and school work and CSAP prep would be very good for them. This proved to be right.

No comments: