Friday, August 5, 2011

The house is packed

Well the house is packed and empty. What would our life be if even a simple task of "watching" packers pack and load a truck was not an adventure. Once the truck arrived I had a few final errands to run while Frank stayed at the house while all our belongings were being loaded onto the truck.

The day started with my chasing the kids off to park as they kept in the way of the packers. Once it was finally time to take them off to their summer camp we loaded up in the truck and left. With no food in the house I told the kids I would be back in time to deliver their lunch and left to drop off the perscritions that needed filling. Next, off to the COVA office in Thorton, 35 minutes away to drop of computers that shipping lables had not been recieved. Back to town to drop off monters to Children's. Just as I hit 225 the traffic stopped. I crawled along for 35 minuted to the first exited 1 1/2 miles down the freeway. A bad accident had taken the freeway from 4 lanes to 1.

At this point I had already talked with the kids from camp at the dance school and arranged for them to feed the kids and promised to pay another adult back when I returned t pick them up. As soon as I could I got pizza and drinks for everyone left at the house including the packers. Finally, arriving home with lunch around 1:30 I had a few minutes to rest.

Suddenly looking at the clock I realized it was already past 2 and the kids were done with their musical theater camp so I ran out the door again having had one slice of pizza and some gatorade. Once the kids were picked up I called the mom of the child I had with me to ask if I could drop her off later and dropped by another delivery, then picked up the perscriptions I dropped off in the morning only to discover they were not finished. I left the pharmacy took the kids home, went back to the pharmacy, got gas, went to another pharmacy as the base pharmacy did not have all the scripts I needed, dropped by wal-mart for a few last minute items, them went home.

Then once home we discovered that our mattress got packed up and we needed a mattress for Frank and I and a couple other things so back to Wal-Mart I went. Finally at 10:45 last night we were done and able to pull out from the house to leave. Now we are in WY waiting for the rest of the family to arrive so all the cousins can see each other before we move to Maryland.

No comments: