Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Mornings like this make my head spin...

OIY!! What a morning we had. 1st I get up at 5:15am (after a nearly sleepless night) to make sure I am up in plenty of time to get Celidah off to seminary in time, only to discover she was already gone and apparently had a ride but forgot to tell me.

I finally fell back asleep, then was awakened at 7:25 by a very frantic middle schooler who was ticked off that someone (mom hitting the wrong button oops) had turned off her alarm causing her to over sleep and miss her bus. Quickly we got her ready to go.

I gave Corbyn instructions on helping Ellie with getting dressed her neb started because I knew it would be a 15-20 drive to and from the school due to "rush hour" on coming base traffic. Knowing I would be back with about 15-20 minutes to finish Ellie's neb treatments, meds, get her feeding pump, bag and everything ready for school, this could be done with the time I knew I had. So I left with Jade to get her to school on time.

What I was NOT accounting for was that the trip to the school was a 7 minute drive, but getting back on base was a 25 minute drive (ack). Sitting there I see in one of the gate a random vehicle check and check the clock, now 8 am. Oh my only 15 minutes until they HAD to be leaving to catch the bus and I still was not through the gate. 2 minutes later I see ALL the traffic stopped so they could have someone turned around (probably to go to the main gate).

Finally, I get home and discover Ellie is dressed but no shoes, no nebs even started!!! Oh my! OH CRAP! were the next words out of my mouth as it was NOW 8:05 and I only had 10 minutes, to get meds, prime the feeding pump bags, prep the back back, give a neb, get shoes on this child, and yes I was praying her extension could hold out for the day AND that she did NOT have PE today. Very quickly, I did everything as fast as i could and yelled at the boys still playing in their room without socks or shoes on their own feet, no breakfast eaten (oh yeah and this school state testing week).

Well when all was said and done the boys caught the bus, Ellie was ready and ran out the door just as the bus pulled away. So two kids missed the bus and had to be driven to school this morning and I am already wiped and glad to have a few minutes to sit and get stuff done.

No comments: