Monday, May 5, 2014

DME Delivery Feels Like Christmas

For the past week I have been having issues with Ellie not wanting to wear her backpack and feeding pump. Saturday, she actually hid her extensions inside her backpack so it looked like her pump was running. When I first questioned her about this she told me that she just wanted to play longer.

Well this morning we talked again about her pumps casually as I was letting her know due to her coughing she would be hooked up to the pedialyte all day as I had to give her extra meds. During this conversation in only an "Ellie" conversation and dramatic fashion she informed me that one of her pumps is so noisy and proceeded to mimic to the best of her ability the sound the pump makes.

With this in mind we finally opened the new DME (durable medical equipment) delivery boxes and discovered the insurance has approved one more pump for us! Ellie was jumping up and down with total excitement over a new and silent pump. (I have to admit I too was excited). We now have 2 pole clamps, 3 charging cords, 3 pumps, and can use the noisy one as a backup pump.

The other exciting thing for Ellie was a larger child's backpack. This one is perfect for her, and is not the super mini (toddler sized which we have 3 or 4 of). YAY! We  now have a backup backpack if her main backpack is dirty.

Oh and we are now getting enough syringes that we can use 1 per med dose per day!! something I never thought I would be excited about. However adding the MCT oil to her formula, each syringe is pretty much good for that use because once the syringe sits for a few minutes, it becomes stuck. I can now pre-predose the meds again (not the oil) and then we can just toss the syringes as we no longer have to wash then out! (The older kids will LOVE this!)

No comments: