Thursday, August 25, 2011

What is in a name?

Does a name have that much meaning? Apparently to a child who is used to a pen name or screen name. For as long as my kids can remember I have used the screen name mylilmonkies or My Little Monkies or even Six Little Monkies. Well Jade had noticed that I had started the little from my screen names.

When asked about this I simply told her they were all growing up on me and they were no longer my little monkies. In response to that Jade told me that they will always be young in my heart so I needed to change all my screen names back to include little, because no matter how big we get I will always remember them as little.

With this in mind, and from the thoughts of a child with autism, she is right. They will ALWAYS be my little monkies no matter how big they are. I will always worry about them. I will think about them. I will always love them no matter what. So she is right, so matter their age, height, distance from home, occupation, they will always be mylilmonkies.

No comments: