Friday, December 9, 2011

Mom's MRI...

Thursday MRI adventure....

Well with so many trips into Baltimore I can honestly say I am learning my way around the town. Well at least so far to Perrins Violins, John Hopkins Hospital, and University of Maryland Medical Center so far. Soon I will know how to get to and from Bethesda Naval Hospital for me...

Today I had the abdominal MRI with and without contrast for my ovaries. The MRI was scheduled for 25 minutes however took 40 minutes total. So either they were very carefully checking things out or they found something...not sure yet. The results will be sent to my dr by tomorrow. Hopefully I will have the results soon.

On one hand I am hoping they find something easy to fix, on the other had hoping nothing is found. While on one hand hoping something is found kinda hoping not because this MRI was specifically to look for cancer, in fact ovarian or other cancers in that specific area. So if they do find something this will come with mixed issues in itself. If they do find something the next question is what is it, can it be easily fixed, what treatments are needed, and how long will they last?

If they do not find anything that leaves up continuing down the idiopathic path longer...the unknown realm of what in the world is going on and why. What is the next test to do. But the good news would be that this is NOT ovarian cancer related...

To top the day off with the longer than expected MRI I lost my wedding ring today. The ring that Frank has hand made in AZ for our 5th anniversary. Thank goodness  it was not the new moonstone one he got while in Afghanistan...

However today I did not get lost once!!!!

No comments: