Friday, February 13, 2015

Feb, 9th Long and Frustrating Day...

Today has been a long and frustrating day...
First physical therapy was not in the pool and I was quickly reminded why I switched to aqua- not regular. I left hurting more then when I arrived. After PT I had just enough time to grab a quick lunch for both Zach and I as we were heading to his pulmonary/allergy appt. I like the dr, however, so far no answers for our son who randomly breaks out in hives and rashes.
The poor kid sat through 60 skin pricks, 16 just under the skin pricks and only reacted to the one he was supposed to. NOTHING else??? His lung function tests were good considering he has been coughing for months. Since he has been having to use his albuterol daily, his asthma meds have been changed. I do not remember the name of the new inhaler nor the new antihistamine. However, this antihistamine is supposed to help with the mucous and also help with his random hives. Well since all skin pricks were negative, we had an order for blood work. Good thing this was much easier and faster than the allergy testing.
Then on the way home from the appointments, some guy decided that he just had to drive like 60 mph in a 30 mph zone causing the driver in front of me to slam on her brakes. I was not quite fast enough and left a dent in the hood of my friends car. ARG!!!
Finally home... cleaning out my friends van so we can return it to her (dent and all sigh..) and as I was releasing the backseat to fold it down, the force of the springs caused the seat to smack me in the face. Right away I know something was wrong when I went to lift my glasses and they were stuck to my upper lip???
Yes the van seat smacked me hard enough to cause my glasses to get jammed into my upper lip cutting it deep. I had to bend the glasses badly out of shape just to remove them, and get pressure on my face. Poor girls were freaking out. Jade had called dad, and Celidah was ready to drive me to the ER right then glasses still stuck. Thank goodness, Frank was literally minutes away.
Yep... my night ended with Frank taking me to the ER. In the end I got 3 stitches and got cut by my glasses in a way this local ER had never seen before.
LOL I guess when things seem to have a "quiet" moment, something must happen to liven our day.
My face before the stitches...

No comments: