Wednesday, September 28, 2011

UGH!

Well it seems that there is not much else that can be done at this point to figure out why I am having issues eating and keep enough fluids in my body. Today I am down another 11 lbs. yes dropping weight is what I have been wanting, just not this way. So far I have lost 29 lbs. The concerning thing is how fast the weight is dropping.

Also I am still dealing with the metalic taste in my mouth, rotten food taste, not tolerating food volumes, severe nausia with food or liquids, and the most recent is not tolerating liquid volumes.

My dr said I do need an IV to help with dehydration, however, she wants me to hold out as long as possible. This will allow for the GI referal to hit the Tricare system. Once I am to the point of not being able to get enough and am showing signs of severe dehydration (almost there now) then I have been instructed to head to the ED. This way I will get the needed fluids (likely to drain the bags really fast), plus the needed blood work, and other tests that being frustratingly delayed due to referals, authorizations, schedualing frustrations, and then the waiting periods.

The ED visit is work around to force the needed to tests to be allowed, and expidited. This will also help expidite the needed appointments so hopefully I can get in sooner and maybe figure out what is going on.

To help speed up the process my dr needs to know from the AZ Cancer Clinic what exactly they need for me to to get the apt scheduled. Hearing from the clinic will allow the dr to get the tests, and additional referals quicker because they would be coming from dr to dr. Then when I see the GI hopefully we can then also get other tests scheduled to get answers as to what is going on.

All we can do is hope this plan works...

No comments: