Saturday, October 1, 2011

Friends Found in Many Places


Friends can sometimes be found in unusual places. But what are friends and what makes the friendship become so special or important?
Friendship is developed, as two or more individuals cultivate a relationship through varying levels of associations. This association is simply a connection with another person, whether through common purposes, connection of feelings, activities designed to develop companionship or increase friendship.  There are many ways for people to connect, develop, and increase friendships.
Having friends has always been important to me however, until recently finding friends’ willing to accept my children with their medical and unique personality quirks has been important to me. This was important because medical equipment tends to scare people. Last night I discovered that I not only have some very good friends in Colorado but many more friends than I ever realized I have.
One of my past times, I have when chores are done or when I am not feeling well is to log onto

 http://ldschat.com  

Since the Young Adult is main room actively filled chatters this is where I spend most of my time. I knew I had developed friendships with many of the chatters however, what I did not realize is just how many in there I had developed friendships with. I care as well about many in this chatroom as well. If one gets sick or injured, I have to keep checking on them until they are better. If I hear that one of the chatters has a sick or injured family member, I keep them in my thoughts and prayers.
Well this time the tables were turned on me. Everyone in chat found out earlier that as I accidently slipped that the dr’s are looking for cancer. Then when I ended up in the ER everyone was not only concerned but asking for my actual name so they place my name in as many temple prayer roles as possible. Suddenly instead of my children being placed on the temple prayer roles, it was my name.
The normal chatter’s have touched me in a way I never expected. When I first let it slip that that my cancer has returned I was afraid of the reaction. Instead, everyone pulled together in a way I never even imagined. I have no words to explain the gratitude and thankfulness I have from the amount of love and caring coming from this group of people.
Just knowing these people will for sure help me as I follow the advice from Miley Cyrus and her song “The Climb” as it reminds that “Every step I'm taking, Every move I make feels, Lost with no direction, My faith is shaking. But I gotta keep trying, Gotta keep my head held high.”  Why are these friends so important and this song also important, well because it “Ain't about how fast I get there, Ain't about what's waiting on the other side. It's the climb, yeah!”

No comments: