Wednesday, August 14, 2013

grayland wa, wash away beach

Playing on the beach near Great Grandpa's house. The beach is called wash away beach because it has been slowly eroding away over the years. Local articles show that beaches along the Grayland shores average approximately 100 feet loss per year. This erosion worries the Washington State Department of Ecology due to rapid erosion and varying rates along the coastlines.

At the Beach:

Ellie
When I went to the beach I saw waves. I tried to make a big sand castle. But it failed, the waves kept knocking it down. When I felt the sand and the water, the water was cold. The sand was comfortable. I also had fun playing with my cousins.

When I saw Zach pick up the dead crab I thought that was gross because it was dead. I loved playing at the beach. I did not want to leave.

Zach:
What I liked about the beach all the dead crabs on the ground and when I picked one up.When I dug a hole in the ground I found water then the tide came in.So I started A new one and a crab wash up in it.


Jairon:
The first time I went to the beach at Grandpa Duncan's place I got to see a lot of cool sticks called drift wood and dead crab Skeleton to it was vary awesome my favorite part is the part where I got to be in the water I loved that part it was fun when jade corbyn and I dug a hole in the sand.
Ava waiting for dad to throw the ball
pushing off with all her might to get the ball on a a very soft sandy ground. Sand is not solid like grass...
Celidah walking
Zach holding a crab skeleton
Nana and Poppy watching the grandkids
Ellie loving the beach
Ava and Orion loving the beach
Ava getting soaked by a wave


No comments: