Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Multnomah Falls, Oregon

One of the National Parks we visited with the kids was Multnomah Falls in Oregon. This is a beautiful waterfall fed by underground springs and is visible off I-84. The 5 younger kids and Frank followed the upper hiking trail and hiked to the upper falls level, while Celidah and I stayed behind and explored the lower area. While the rest of the family was hiking we headed back to the truck for a few minutes and this gave us the opportunity to experience standing under the railroad bridge just as a train went by. When the 2nd train passed by Celidah hung off one of the steel bars under the bottom of the bridge. This was an experience for her. Once that was over she and I headed back to the truck and trailer to get dinner things together so we could have a picnic there with the kids.

During our picnic the kids loved watching the fish jump in the slow moving pond where the current was minimal.they also loved touching the trees and feeling the vibrations as another train whizzed by and watched the sparks on the tracks. The kids were maybe 50 feet away from the train and they all screamed and giggled as the train sped by with the horns being blasted for them.

Here are pictures, most were taken by Jade: I just took pictures of things that interested me.

I liked the way the light was shining on the mile stone and my dad wanted me to get a picture of an old milestone.
 I wanted to get a picture of the bottom of the water fall because of the scenery and the way it`s falling.

 I don`t know what the reason for these were, but I got a zombie Zach. :p

 I liked how the moss was growing on the trees.
 I was aiming for the trees behind the berries.








No comments: