Friday, December 20, 2013

October 15th, Happy Birthday to a Little Princess

On this particular morning, I was very groggy and awakened very early by a little girl who very rarely is awake before 9:30-10am. (now 10-10:30). This very awake and excited child came running and screaming into our room exploding with excitement. "Guess what? It's my birthday! That means I am now 8!" she shouted as she ran across the room and jumped on the bed.

Rather groggy, we tried tried rolling over, yet this was not happening with her in the room. She was now off the bed and on my side of the bed making sure I had heard exactly what she had said maybe 30 seconds ago. By this point her father walking in the house after taking our oldest to seminary, and riding the bikes at the base gym.

Ellie was so excited that at 6:30 she ran and gathered all her school work, proudly exclaimed, "I am getting all my school work done early so I have LOTS of play time today!"

Oh how true to her word she... By 9 am everything was done. I redirected to some educational games, talked her into doing her chores, but by 10 am everything was done. The following day would be her party and she would find out in about 4 hours that she was not only getting a play date with her best friend but also a sleep over so we could surprise her with the decorations for her birthday party. She had yet to discover the theme even with her dress.

No comments: