Sunday, October 2, 2011

Who is the role model that first pops into your mind?

The other day I was watching BYUtv and they had a section on Role Models and why they are important. The question was who is first role model who comes to your mind? Immediately the first person that came to mind was my mother in law then several friends I have from a chat room I visit.

So what exactly is a role model? A role model is a person who serves as an example by his or behavior or the level of caring emulated for others.

My mother in law has been a wonderful role model not only for me but also for my children. She is always there whenever I need to talk to her. My children know they can call her for any question or concern they have. They also know she will simply listen to them even when she cannot understand what they are saying or struggling to tell her. Again, she also loves listening to their school work assignments and enjoys listening to their improvements.

Within the chatroom I have several role models that I look up to I know when I am struggling with my current trials, they never pull me down. Instead they help me find the positives of my trials. As they help me work through these trials, I am grateful for the help my chatroom friends offer me to keep focusing on the positive so I can continue to be the best mother possible.

So while the original question asked: Who is the first role model that comes to your mind? I do not have one, instead many. Without these role models I would continue to really struggle not only as a mother, but with my testimony, and with my ability to provide with my current limited abilities.

Who is the role model that first pops into your mind?

No comments: