Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Musings from the kids...

Kids can say the craziest things whether they are simply talking, playing, are trying to explain something. With six children in the house we often hear tidbits here and there.

One morning while doing her school work, Ellie had just learned that 2 of her cousins and her uncle have roles in their local production of Les Mis. Suddenly she looked in the middle of her favorite song and said, "When I am older I can be Les Mis too, I just know I will be Cosette, because I am little like her and I just know all her songs so very well. My most favorite song is Castle on a Cloud and I can sing it the best.

Ellie, "It is so sad that little boy gets killed. He was just trying to help and was just a talkative boy like I am. Why did he have to be killed? He just wanted to help like I like helping."

Ellie, "I wonder if in the war scene, if the guns were special and cool nurf guns made to look real. Because, you know mom, in the play and movie they really did not hurt anyone, because if they did, it would kill to many people if they all dies. Also if they all dies every night nobody would ever want to be in the movie or play, so they had to be nurf guns so nobody would get hurt."

Seems we have an Aristocat...Every evening when the kids go to bed our cat likes to jump on the piano keys making as much noise as she can. When the cover is closed she will jump on the piano anyway and meow for help. This especially bothers Jade.

The joys of teaching art to a child with OCD. They think everything has to be just perfect. Ellie, "but mom the circle HAS to be perfect, if not the face will look all weird. It has to be perfect so everyone can tell it is Curious George I drew."

Zach found a way to keep playing with our Skylanders that we no longer play with, with our Wii consol since the Wii does not play the games right any longer. He had a whole battle set up in the living room with the characters we have. Suddenly, out of the blue, I heard him say as he picked up one Skylander, as if it were talking to another, saying, "but how will a peanut better cup make it fart?"

I too wonder, just how will that happen and what "super powers" did his imaginative mind have in store with that scenario....

Zach, talking with the Sister Missionaries as they were over at our house, "yep, I am a good helper. But sometimes I am not a good helper. I am just not." Yes, that comment did earn some giggles...

Scout Camp Icicle 2014, I had just gotten off the phone With one of the scout leaders to confirm that both Corbyn and Jairon would be attending the winter camp out. Reminding them they needed to pack the following day as soon as got home from school and before heading to bed, Jairon asked me why he had to be packed by Thursday for the Friday camp out. I simply reminded him that he would have little time to pack for the camp out once he got home from school.

Insisting he had plenty of time, I reminded both boys again what needed to be done, why, and when. Well this time Jairon informed me that school was delayed by 2 hours so they had plenty of time so they could use those extra hours after school to pack. I asked him again what time he was catching the bus to school and coming home. Of course he let me know, "normally we catch the but at 7:39, so we catch the bus at 9:39 and get home at 3:30. That gives us to hours before we are picked up at 4:30."

Clearly he was not comprehending this change yet. So again, I asked the same question and got the same answer, this time from both Corbyn and Jairon. This time I asked I asked when they were going to eat, take care of their backpacks, put their instruments away, change for the camp, pack, load their stuff in the vehicle once it arrived, and still have time to pack in ONE hour...

Finally, my questions clicked and they realized they had to pack Thursday night.


No comments: