Monday, August 29, 2011

Random Thoughts and Memories (Celidah)

Okay so mom told me to type about my favorite memories from this state. The first one that pops into mind would be my twelfth birthday party.


Mom and dad stayed up late into the night to get it ready. The next morning at about 6:00 am, I got up for some reason or another on a Saturday, and tripped over something on the floor. When I got up using the door handle, I noticed there was something on the handle. When I took a closer look I saw it was a camo trick or treat basket- pail- thing… Anyways! I was curious as to why there was a trick or treat basket on my bedroom door handle at 6 in the morning on Saturday, march 21st, 2009 (I think? I don’t remember the date very well. All I remember was that it was like a week or two past my ‘uncelebrated’ birthday.) Well I took the trick or treat candy collector off the door and in it saw BUTERSCOTCH AND STARLIGHT MINTS AND PEPPERMINT CANDYS!!! I was sooooooo excited to see all my favorite candies then I realized there was a string attached to the candy bucket. I opened the door and saw MORE butterscotch, flavored peppermint, and peppermint. But this was not just laying down on the ground, it was taped to string like it was on a spider web! I was the only one awake at this point and I was really curious about what else there was, so I followed the web down stairs. As I got further down, I saw gobbstopers and peppermint sticks and life savers and the big-ish puffy peppermints that just melt in your mouth. Ohhhh they are SOOO good! Back to my story! Well I got to the bottom of the stairs and then I was PRESENTS! I saw one pink crock, (at first I thought this was something for jade ‘cause pink was not and still isn’t my favorite color, but jade loved the color at the time.) a really cool Frisbee, a baby lamb Fur Real Friends ©, some shorts, a shirt that said daddy’s little girl, and one cool sock. I didn’t want to get in trouble so I headed back up stairs and was almost back to my room when dad caught me. At first I thought I was in trouble, but then he told me this was my birthday gift. After everyone else woke up, I got to untie my presents and ate waffles with whipped cream and fruit for both my cake and my breakfast.

Okay the next favorite memory would be my first blizzard. When I heard from the TV, there would be snow, I was so happy and excited. One thing the TV didn’t tell us though is that Colorado snow is much colder than Arizona snow… In Arizona, you just needed long clothes and socks on your hands and the snow only lasted thirty minutes to an hour. Here you need winter gear! I ran outside with socks, sandals, jeans, a sweatshirt, and another pair of socks on my hands. Bad idea. Very cold and bad idea! I didn’t even last five minutes out there! I had to come back in the house and get the clothes mom told me to get on. Gee, for some reason I was a LOT warmer. It may be a cold memory, but that was the first time I saw real snow.

No comments: